Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today I Appreciate Air Conditioning

Air conditioning is one of those little luxuries I don't have at my apartment in L.A., but really, it's a necessity in Sacramento. Today was 101 degrees and there was pretty much nothing to do but stay inside or dunk into the swimming pool.

Yet coming home to Sacramento means a lot more than just getting heat comatose. It means reminders of what almost all of my young life has been like. It means getting taken care of. It means learning more about what has made me who I am and how I became the way I am and how my values were formed.

The hours and days keep melding into each other and it's perhaps going over the same place I've known for most of my life that makes each day feel effortless. Perhaps I should be worrying more about what's next and perhaps I should be working harder, but when I'm home, it's vacation and my mind succumbs to the simplicities of making my bed each day, pulling out a book during my free moments, and finding clean laundry on my bed ready to be sorted.

Let responsibilities wait a little bit longer until I return to Los Angeles. Is that O.K.?

No comments:

Post a Comment